As a Part 102 certified drone operator, Airways New Zealand has some specific requirements when you submit a NOTAM (Notice for Airmen).
Please ensure that your submission includes the following information:
- LATITUDE/LONGITUDE AND RADIUS OF THE FLIGHT
- PLACE NAME DESCRIPTION
- START AND FINISH TIME INCLUDING DAY AND MONTH AND WHETHER IN LOCAL TIME OR UTC
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF OPERATION IN FEET
- CONTACT DETAILS INCLUDING NAME, COMPANY AND CONTACT PH NUMBER
What is a NOTAM?
A NOTAM contains:
- any important information that could affect the safe flight of an aircraft, or
- information that is required by the pilot to conduct safe operations.
A NOTAM is issued when:
- there is insufficient time to publish information in the AIPNZ, or
- changes are of short duration.