Airshare is pleased to launch its first online drone training course for new UAV flyers and those wishing to get a good grounding in how to fly safely and responsibly in New Zealand under the new Civil Aviation Rules Part 101 and 102.
If you are buying your friends or family a drone this Christmas, why not include this handy course as part of the gift so you can be sure they won’t get any nasty fines for not complying with the rules!
Airshare.co.nz has teamed up with Airways Training specialists to develop a fun, interactive and handy course that can be accessed via your mobile device (IOS/Android) or your desktop computer.
The Drone 101 airBook course covers: helpful tips, Civil Aviation Rules and airspace, flight preparation and planning, operations and also includes 6 useful checklists to guide you through your drone flights from start to finish.
At a special launch price of $35, now is the time to upskill or test your existing knowledge about:
- Which of the Civil Aviation Rules are applicable to you and how to fly within those rules
- The difference between controlled and uncontrolled airspace and other airspace restrictions
- How weather impacts your flying
- How to log your flight on airshare and get Air Traffic Control authorisation
- Who you need permission from under Civil Aviation Rules Part 101 and 102
- How to read a visual navigation chart (VNC)
And much more!
Note, the Drone 101 airBook includes details of your drone flying obligations under Civil Aviation Rules Part 101 and 102 but flying drones in New Zealand requires you to comply with laws (including local council bylaws) in addition to those Rule Parts that are not included in this airBook. As the Drone 101 airBook does not include details of those additional laws, in order to fly your drone safely and legally you will need to ensure that you understand and comply with any such additional laws.